House and senate committee reports include the following:
- text of the bill as approved, amended, or substituted in committee
- a bill analysis, which includes the background and purpose of the proposal, an analysis of the content of the measure, and a statement indicating whether any rulemaking authority is delegated
- a list of witnesses who testified for, against, or on the bill
- a summary of the committee’s actions, including the final committee vote
- a fiscal note prepared by the Legislative Budget Board (LBB), which is an estimate of the probable costs that will be incurred as an effect of the bill or joint resolution
- an impact statement prepared by the LBB, if required. The house and senate rules outline the circumstances under which an impact statement is required
Copies of committee report printings are distributed to all members of the chamber
that is considering the measure. Committee reports for the current legislative session
are available from House Document Distribution
and Senate Bill Distribution, and committee
reports from previous sessions are available from the bill files maintained by the
Library and the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.
Committee report bill text from current and recent sessions can be accessed online
through TLIS on
the legislative intranet or TLO on the Internet. Click here for further information on committee reports.