The mission of the HUB program is to provide assistance to historically underutilized businesses through outreach efforts, such as education and training in doing business with the State of Texas, in order to afford these businesses a fair opportunity to participate in the competitive procurement process. The Texas Legislative Council is dedicated to promoting opportunities for these small and historically disadvantaged businesses to compete for the agency's purchases and contracts. The council's policy is to foster an environment that will advance and enhance participation from such vendors in all areas of the agency.
The council's HUB program is part of the agency's purchasing section and is overseen by the HUB coordinator. Application for HUB certification should be submitted to the comptroller of public accounts' statewide HUB Program.
- May 9-10, 2016: Senator Royce West's "Doing Business Texas Style" Spot Bid Fair (Access 2016) at the Irving Convention Center, 500 West Las Colinas, Irving, Texas 75039. Bid opportunities for the Spot Bid Fair are available here.
- April 13, 2016: Rock Your Purchasing World at the Holday Inn—Midtown in Austin Texas.
- April 7, 2016: Fourth Annual HUB EXPO at TTXDOC, located at J.J Pickle Commons Learning Center, 10100 Burnet Road, Austin.
- February 18, 2016: Participated as an exhibitor in the 2016 Procurement Connection Seminar & Expo (PSCE) at the Ford Park Event Center in Beaumont, Texas.
- December 9, 2015: Participated as an exhibitor in the 2014 Small, Minority, Women and Veterans Business Owners (SMWVBE) Bexar County Contracting Conference at the Freeman Expos Hall in San Antonio.